Brierley pond project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi i'm Gary

3 posters

Go down

Hi i'm Gary Empty Hi i'm Gary

Post  gazzanels Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi...I am Gary Nelson. I am 56 years old and live locally in Kirkby having moved from Leicestershire 5 years ago. I am a regular visitor to Brierley and have been waiting for a club to get involved with the pond as this best ensures the welfare of the fish and the condition of the pond and surrounding area. I have often considered fishing the pond myself but am a bit of a stickler for rules and whilst I have been happy to sit and watch others fishing I'm afraid the 'No Fishing' notice won. I have always loved fishing, having started as soon as I could hold a rod. Regrettably this became more of a holiday occupation as work and family took priority until some ten years ago when ill health forced me to take extended leave from work before I was officially retired six years ago. There are upsides in that I took up fishing again as a therapeutic measure only to discover my love for the sport again and now benefit from concessionary licence and reduced membership fees. I now fish regularly at Sutton Lawn Dam, although this has been put on hold since summer for a series of operations but the last one is due next month and I should be able to fish again when the new season begins. It is my hope to join you all at Brierley when the club gets up and running.. Meantime thanks to all those involved in getting this project off the ground.

Gary

gazzanels

Back to top Go down

Hi i'm Gary Empty Re: Hi i'm Gary

Post  Admin Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi Garry and welcome to the project mate I will look forward to fishing with you at some time i also fish Sutton lawn so we are bound to bump into each other at sometime tight lines (Steve)

Admin
Admin

https://brierleypond.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 am

hiya Gary welcome to the forum I am also looking foward to meeting and fishing a few sessions on the pond. in the meantime you can keep up with all that's happening on here, any problems just let Admin Or moderators and they will soon sort it out.
I wish you all the best in your operation and hope for a speedy recovery so you can join us on the bankside

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Gary, and welcome, look forward to seeing you on the bank.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum