Brierley pond project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Hello!!!!!! Empty Hello!!!!!!

Post  Andy chubb Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:15 am

Hi my name is Andy I am 33 from sutton. I have been fishing brierley for a few years now, i am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen to the pond. I have always kept an eye on the pond when walking the dog or fishing it myself, picked up rubbish here and there pulled branches and empty cans of beer etc out the water. i have also had a few encounters with a few foreign guys setting out lines over the nature area, managed to get rid of a few. Also had words with a few kids climbing over the fences, which ruins it for the rest of them as majority of kids that fish there are good little fishermen. As the fishing goes i have had a few nice unmarked carp up to 10 pound, loads of roach, perch and tench up to 5 pound, and a beautiful 6pound 7oz chub my fave [hence the name] had a nice pic of it 2 on laptop until 2 week ago when laptop shut down and wiped everything clear (GUTTED). Bit of a shock 2 to find out there's pike in there, and not just small pike- nice scary ones. Read something on here tho saying you got to be over 50 to pike on there is that true? i like a bit of pikeing. Anyway look forward to herein more tales of fishing on here and to the grand opening of brierley. If any help needed 4 pegs going up bailiffs or any thing else please give me a shout. cheers. dave

Andy chubb

Back to top Go down

Hello!!!!!! Empty Re: Hello!!!!!!

Post  chuckney Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Andy, i'm Simon, welcome to the forums, hope to see you down the pond sometime. I'm in huthwaite, just 10 minutes walk from the pond, and fish there regularly so i'm sure we'll run into one another before long. The over 50 rule for piking is a new one on me, hardly anyone would be fishing for it if it was, possibly someone might have mentioned about an over 15 rule, so as kids arent trying to deal with it maybe.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Andy first of all welcome to the Brieley park Pond Project and Angling Club Forum.
At the moment there are no actual rules set down i am hoping that a basic set of rules will be decided this week for me to put up on our main Website

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy chubb Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:08 am

Cheers m8. do you no if any parking facilities are going to be put in place? or is the small car park near the cafe going to be the main entrance? the reason I ask is that i no your trying to make it disabled friendly, me and my friend are also partly disabled and struggle to walk long distances while carrying tackle, the only other way we come in is off Ashland road and walk through the field. we have tried to park closer by parking on north street (factory hill) but that just really upsets the residents. cheers.

Andy chubb

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Andy, its looking likely that the car park at the visitor centre will be the only area for parking, unless you come in from ashland road area. Parking isnt really an option on north street due to the fact that the road itself is private at the bottom end near the houses. As far as i'm aware the residents pay all upkeep and maintenance for it, so no parking is permitted there.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy chubb Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 am

ok cheers m8.

Andy chubb

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy chubb Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 am

Andy chubb wrote:ok cheers m8.
oh by the way what did you catch the pike on? where abouts on the pond?

Andy chubb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi Andy and welcome to the site the over 50 rule was just a bit of banter mate anyone can fish for the Pike Twisted Evil if you would like to know more about the club please ask on here or PM one of the admins we have a lot of plans for the pond and hoping to transform it for the better over the comming months and years
(Steve "Chairman" )

Admin
Admin

https://brierleypond.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum