Brierley pond project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open day Food

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Open day Food Empty Open day Food

Post  chuckney Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:43 am

Ok guys, its a no go for the food stall down at the pond for the open day, however the Trust have offered us an option. They are prepared to put more staff on for the day, purchase some cool boxes and have food transported down to the pond as and when it is required for the duration of the event.

Personally, i wouldn't say it was worth going with, its going to be requiring people up and down between visitor centre and the pond all day long. When one lot of food arrives and others see it, they will be wanting it, so its going to be an ongoing process throughout the whole day. A lot of people when they are hungry will want something there and then and not be wanting to wait while its cooked and then brought down to the pond, especially as its going to be exceptionally busy.

We could do some input on this as soon as possible please.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Open day Food Empty Re: Open day Food

Post  Bigshow1271 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 am

Didn't think we'd be able to do it, what was the main objection? As you say it probably won't be worth doing what they've offered as demand may be too high and people won't wait. Would they be willing to bring some food down around 11am and sell it down at the pond?
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 am

At this stage i have no idea, Andy. The trouble with doing that is, people are not forced to want what they bring, and if it isnt wanted at that time by some chance, theres a lot of wasted food. As for why it was rejected, i do not know.

Last edited by chuckney on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am

Right ok, so basically we're in a no win situation really as there is no right or wrong way of providing food for the visitors. We could always set up a BBQ, lol
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am

I think we should see what the council are willing to do for us as they have said they have their own outdoor catering that they could possibilly put at our disposal

Admin
Admin

https://brierleypond.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 am

This also raises another question, are we allowed to provide any food at all down at the pond, for example, ice creams, sweets, bread stall as we did last year..?. Its quite possible that we wont be authorised to have any food down there at all, although i dont know this for certain at this stage.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:14 am

i think the lease states that we have the pond and the area around including the the ara where we had the stools last year if so is it in our lease that we cant supply a food stall as
long as its all certified i know it will cause an argument this year but are we going to have to give in to them all the time
any way wont be able to reply for couple of hours plus as got to slip out

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 am

Makes you wonder doesn't it, makes you wonder if we can't fart without permission sometimes. Very frustrating
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:28 am

Mabe we could offer to let them put on a barby and split the costs and the profits Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://brierleypond.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 am

They definitely have all food rights for the park, Martin, no question of that. We dont know for sure yet though if we are allowed other food stalls there or not, although as i said, its looking probable that its no food down there, period.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gazbarfoot Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

i will try and see them today regarding what we can and carnt have food wise but how he was talking to me yesterday i dont think we are going to have any joy with any thing we ever ask them for so i think we should keep away from the tossas altogether and dont involve ourselves with them at all i will contact the council on monday morning to see if thay can help us out anyway possible the only other problem we got is if its been raining running up to our funday thay will not allow cars, vans.ect down there anyway so we are back to square one

gazbarfoot

Back to top Go down

Open day Food Empty Re:Open day Food

Post  Andy Farquhar Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm

The lease as far as I'm aware doesn't cover the Open Day at all,Seems to me the Trust are shafting us once again!The barbecue idea as far as i know would infringe the councils fire risk regs.I totally agree that when people attend such events they purchase food when they want it and doubt they would be prepared to hang around waiting for it to be made and transported to the site.My only hope is that some day we will be in a position to return the favour to the trust.
Andy Farquhar
Andy Farquhar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

It's getting beyond a joke in my opinion that we can't do nothing down there without the "trust" being against it, does anyone else think it may be the fact that we don't call it Brierley Water?
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

We still have the council to speak to about it yet, its not quite done and dusted just yet. If however, the council can't offer a solution, then we are back to the drawing board.

The Brierley water issue has been sorted now mate, we have a notice in the board stating that only the club is called "Brierley Pond Fishing Club", that name of the water is still as it is in the lease.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Open day Food Empty Re:Open Day Food

Post  Andy Farquhar Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Think that's an entirely different matter Andy,was a member of the public raised that one,as they had a school competition some years ago to name the Pond.Council asked us to change it,not the Trust.
Andy Farquhar
Andy Farquhar

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 am

Ok, regarding the food for the open day. After speaking with Dave Wilby and the Trust again, we have a reasonable solution, which is to approach a hot food vendor and find out a pitch fee that they are willing to pay and forward that on to the Trust. It seems a perfectly reasonable solution to me, they seem happy enough with that and will put it forward at their meeting for confirmation.

All we actually want is the service to be available down there, not actually gain any profit, so hopefully this will solve any issues. Once we have someone in mind and have a price i will get the info booked in with the council for their approval.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:31 am

Sounds good to me Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 am

I'm waiting for a reply from the bloke down the street but a lot I've looked at want us to pay for having them
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:48 am

They want us to pay them..?, they're having a friggin laugh, will they want us to cook the food for them too..? These burger vans make a tidy packet at event days like this, and they usually pay a hefty pitch fee.

If you get anyone that says they want paying for turning up, tell em they can stay where they are.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 am

I know, they taking the p*ss
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:53 am

im a bit to far away but could some one local ask the ones with the roadside snackbars what they would pay

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 am

I'm trying to sort one out that lives near me, he's got all the details about the event just waiting for him to get back to me
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Had this reply from the caterer, don't think we'll be having him:

"Andy

If you decide on us as the caterer, we will need a deposit of £25.00, cheque payable to Mrs E Collier. If at the end of the day we have taken £300 we will refund your deposit.
Regards
Steve"
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am

LMAO, thats made my day. If we don't get anyone who is willing to pay a pitch fee, we will have to explore further options with ADC.

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshow1271 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 am

he's just sent me this message:

Andy
Like you, I'm running a business, the £25.00 is a deposit. If I commit to you and you cancel, and I've turned other work down for your job, I'm going to be out of pocket. I don't know you or how you work - you could cancel last minute, no-one may show up on the day, it may not be advertised sufficiently.

I shall have to buy stock in, gas, diesel before the day and have no guarantee of anything.

As with a lot of our event organisers we work/have worked with we don't ask for a deposit if we do return work for them as their events are well established, If we were to do your event and its is busy this year, and you were to ask us back next year then there won't be need for a deposit. We have been caught out too many times in the past and unfortunately now have to cover ourselves.

If you do decide to use us and you do have some advertising literature we will happily display it on the catering van that goes out daily at J30

Hope this is of help
Bigshow1271
Bigshow1271
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next