Brierley pond project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying out the Pond

2 posters

Go down

Trying out the Pond Empty Trying out the Pond

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 am

Well on Tuesday 3rd Jan i shall be visiting the pond for the first time im just taking my light gear for a bit of silver fishing to see how it goes anyone who would like to join me are welcome and i will be putting a report of my day on here

Back to top Go down

Trying out the Pond Empty Re: Trying out the Pond

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 am

Well after a long drive in terrible conditions i arrived at pond after a chat with Alan (from Spain) and his mate Steve who was driving him, then another quick chat with big Alan i decided to set up next to Steve (Admin) and John who were both sitting snugly under there brolleys.
It wasnt long before steve found my hipflasks and just kept hold of one in case it rolled in lake LOL also had to keep testing it had not let any rainwater in by tasting it.
Anyway i set my pole up but could not go out further than 8 sections because of a strong wind, at this distance i had about 4ft of water.
i set up 2 tops one on 6 lacy with a 22 hook for single maggot and another with 8 lacy and 18 hook for double maggot or worm. I mixed up some Blacksilver ground bait my favourite black majic blend and just put 3 small balls in at begining.
First put in within a minute i had a roach about 3ozs this was quickly followed by a small perch about 2ozs the bites were steady all through the session but as usual i kept stopping and having a chat to Steve & John. then slight disaster a sudden gust of wind took my pole off the roller and slammed it into my trolley which broke the no6 sect in half luckily i could telescope it s i managed to carry on fishing.
well ended up with a few roach to about 8 ozs and perch to 4 ozs which were very welcome in the conditions i was fishing in.

Heres a sample of what i caught notice the loverly colour of the roachs fins almost perfect.

Trying out the Pond Brierley3-1-12009

heres Steve and John just packing up
Trying out the Pond Brierley3-1-12007

I did manage to retrieve an empty hipflask back at the end LOL but will fill it again for next time
Thanks for the chance to put faces to names and a great day despite the weather

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:20 am

Nice pics Martin I see you got mine and Johns good sides Laughing
We had a good laugh and some fish when I wasn't holding on to my brolly for dear life Laughing

Admin
Admin

https://brierleypond.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chuckney Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Nice pics there and nice roach too, Martin. Theres a lot more where they came from too, a few days on their in summer and you will have aching arms. Smile

chuckney
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Thank you both for you comments i thouroly enjoyed it despite the weather

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down