Brierley pond project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Rules and fishing restrictions.

2 posters

Go down

Club Rules and fishing restrictions. Empty Club Rules and fishing restrictions.

Post  gazzanels Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:52 am

Having read the club rules they seem to be pretty fair on the whole and certainly aimed at keeping the pond tidy and the fish in the best condition. As for me though, I don't quite understand why it was necessary to put a restriction on taking bait in tins. Responsible anglers will always ensure that their rubbish is removed with them including luncheon meat tins etc. Irresponsible anglers who are prone to littering will most likely ignore this rule anyway so wouldn't it be better to simply stress the need for all members to take responsibility for their own mess and also to be aware of and report any problem anglers. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also I was a little concerned at comments by Andy Chubb yesterday where he indicated fishing limited to between 7am and 7pm as I am very like him in fishing dawn to mid afternoon as this fits in best with my lifestyle and commitments. The rules state dusk to dawn so i'm not sure what the clubs intentions are on this point. Anyone have a definitive ruling here?

Gary alien

gazzanels

Back to top Go down

Club Rules and fishing restrictions. Empty Rules etc

Post  Andy Farquhar Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 am

Hi Gary,sorry took so long for you to get a reply,were pretty busy at the minute.The items in the rules you refer to are to address specific issues raised by the council.before granting us the fishing rights,in the past some anglers have been leaving their rubbish behind them,or worse throwing the empty tins over the fence into the wildlife sanctuary.The hours as stated on said fishing rights are 7am till sunset.We will probably through time get some more flexibility once they see how things are shaping up,but for now the council are pretty rigid,most of the regulars like myself are used to being down there pretty early especially in summer months!Basically a case of suck it and see Gary.They are being pretty strict for now but their should be room for manoeuvre in time.
Andy Farquhar
Andy Farquhar

Back to top Go down

Club Rules and fishing restrictions. Empty Re: Club Rules and fishing restrictions.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 am

Thats totally understandable for starting up Andrew

Back to top Go down

Club Rules and fishing restrictions. Empty Re: Club Rules and fishing restrictions.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down